16 Simple elegant backyard wedding ideas.
I have photographed weddings in some of the largest venues down to back yard weddings. I find some of the backyard weddings have the most personal touches to photograph. I found this great article (Source -Huffington post) on some great backyard wedding ideas.
- Say your “I dos” beneath the shade of a big tree.
- Use colorful streamers to punch up an outdoor ceremony space.
- Write table assignments on an old window pane.
- Personalized mason jars make great escort cards and double as drinking glasses too
- Or turn mason jars into decorative mini vases.
- Point guests in the right direction with a DIY sign.
- Provide cozy blankets to keep guests warm well into the night
- Set up framed photos from your relatives’ wedding days.
- Hang string lights to create a casual, yet elegant atmosphere.
- Serve a buffet of BBQ fare and pair it with lots and lots of ice-cold beer.
- Prop up your dessert table on a pair of whiskey barrels
- Present sweet treats on a rustic tree stump display.
- Keep guests of all ages entertained with lawn games like cornhole.
- Have a giant game of Jenga double as your guest book.
- Adorn a golf cart with flowers and tulle to make it wedding-ready
- At the end of the night, send guests home with something extra sweet.
Curtis Wallis – owner of Curtis Wallis, INC. and Head Wedding Photographer based in Columbus Ohio